Saturday, September 15, 2007

Technology Time!

Hello my name is Loree Derber.
I am a student a t the UW- Oshkosh, in Wisconsin. I also work full time in my field of study, Early childhood education. I am a teacher assistant for children with cognitive disabilities, with first and second graders.
Throughout My college career I have learned a lot of technology. A few years back in the technical college systems, I sent my first email. Now I send them daily. I believe as an educator we need to stay on top of technology so we can teach our students the ways of the present and the future. Technology opens doors for student success. Children can type a paper edit it and send it to a teacher. The teacher can grade it and send it back to students. Children can view interactive power points and learn as they do and watch. I will be careful not to overload on technology, there still needs to be a balanced way of learning through writing and reading as well.

3 comments:

Nay Nay said...

Loree,

I started to really enjoy technology about three years ago myself. I have used it at work for many years but all the possibilities with internet, teaching children and learning are new to me and I am totally enjoying it.

Rennee

The Lindsay Family said...

Technology is all around us! Children now in school are much better than I am. They could probably teach me more than I could teach them. I too think that as educators we need to stay on top of new technology. I also believe technology can be overused in classrooms. To much of a good thing, is not a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Good post.